:: Fulton County Living ::
Collins School                                     
A photo of this school is
needed. Please
Contact Us
A Photograph of
this School is
Needed
This school was located 2 1/2 miles north of Mayfield
on the Mountain Road. The ground for the school
house was donated by William Collins. There were 43
pupils in 1846 and the teachers salary was $28.84.
About 1934 the district became part of the Northville
School District.
1902
Additional Information: In the year 1823, a school
district was marked out. A school house built of logs by
the side of the road on the Collins farm and known as
the Collins school district no. 12. After some years the
school house burned. A new one was built on the same
ground and was still there in 1938. It remained a
school for 110 years until it was consolidated with
Northville.