:: Fulton County Living ::
|This school was located 2 1/2 miles north of Mayfield, built in the early 1900's. The
school burned in the 1950's shortly after it closed. The school was the only one
during it's day with 2 rooms. 60 to 70 students attended grades 1-8 and Cranberry
Creek was a flourishing community for several years. Teachers included Mrs.
Evelyn Bogart, Mrs. Margaret Stewart and Mrs. Pearl Blowers. Harry Warner and
Mrs. Florence Wemple were amoung the students. Records show Raymond Van
Nostrand received $25 a month for janitorial work in 1945.