:: Fulton County Living ::
Sir William Johnson laid out a carriage road from Fort
Johnson to his summer cottage on the Sacandaga Vlaie. At
each mile, he had a mark braised on a tree to designate the
distance he travelled. For many
decades, a large pine stood at this intersection on the
opposite corner from this marker and it had its mark,
designating the ninth mile. This 1976 Bicentennial marker
replaced an original from the 1930's destroyed by a plow.

LOCATION: Marker is on Route 30 north, just before "Red
Bunch" on the south east corner of Lathrop
Road, across from the intersection with Nine Mile Tree
Road.
Click on image to enlarge
Nine Mile Tree
As printed in the pamphlet
Fulton County Roadside History 2009