:: Fulton County Living ::
|Wood Hollow School Mayfield, New York
This school district became a part of the Broadalbin School District about a year before the land was
destroyed as well. It was also known as the Closeville school located at Woods Hollow on Perique
Corners, near the present Muscles Harbor in East Mayfield.
One of the teachers was Miss Harriet Jane Merchant, who lived on the present Griffis Road in 1861.
The session ran 14 weeks from May 8th through the middle of August. Pupils included Lottie, Arosa
and Mervin Weatherbee, Mary and Jesse Kichen, Kate and William Hested, William, Arnold, Anne and
Lottie Clark, James Close, Mary, Esther and John Hays, Archibald Dutcher and Adelbert Sheldon.